Thursday, May 27, 2010

Parker showing art and doodling this weekend!

kids of all ages A celebration of children’s books and the artists behind them.

5.28.10 – 6.25.10.

Opening night – Friday 5.28.10 7-10PM. With a special reading of “An Awesome Book” by Dallas Clayton.

Also, a weekend full of awesome events for the kids!

Saturday 5.29.10 11AM-2PM. Special readings, a musical performance by Aska Matsumiya w/ her daughter Babel, make art on free pairs of kid sized Van’s with Travis Millard, Mel Kadel, and Parker Jacobs!

Sunday 5.30.10 11AM-2PM. More special readings, a musical performance by Mickey Adams and friends, and more!

Free children’s THIS shirts designed by Dallas Clayton.

We are all super excited for our 4th show at THIS, a huge celebration of children’s books with books and original artwork from the artists available for purchase with a portion of the proceeds going to 826 LA.

For more details click HERE


Also: be sure to follow Parker's daily doodles over at http://parkerjacobs.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Shauna Cuff said...

So my 10, almost 11 month old son Seth is obsessed with your show. I had really bad postpartum depression after giving birth to him (hospitalized twice and all) and I fought tooth and nail to get back to myself so I could enjoy him and be the best mom possible. We started watching Yo Gabba Gabba at five months, and even before he really crawled, he loved to just sit in my lap and watch and it gave us an awesome and fun way to bond.

He dances to every episode, shaking his head and bouncing and smiling. If you say "Yo Gabba?" he immediately looks at the TV. Who do I have to worship in a sacrilegious way to get home on the "my name is ____ and I like to dance" segment?

Seriously, even though I am biased, he is really cute. This is a video of him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTr4X2CxtNk

I have no desire to be a stage mom, but we aren't loaded and can't afford to get him VIP tickets for the Hershey, PA tour show. I will totally try any method that can get me close to him seeing the characters in person. HOW I MEET BROBEE!?


PS - My 47 year old dad is dressing up as DJ Lance for his 1st birthday. We are fans THAT much.